Crispy Ham, Salami, Pickles, and Melted Swiss Cheese Hot Dog
No one will disagree that ham and Swiss cheese are essential ingredients in a Cuban sandwich, but if you speak to someone from Tampa or Miami, you’ll quickly discover one ingredient they can’t seem to agree on- genoa salami. If you are Team Tampa (pro genoa salami), you’ll love this recipe.
8 Topped Hot Dogs | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
For Hot Dogs and Swiss Cheese Sauce:
- 1 pack Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™ Brand
- 1 pack of your Favorite Hot Dog Buns
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup (1 package) Applegate Naturals® Emmentaler Swiss Cheese, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Crispy Ham and Salami Mixture and Pickles:
Swiss Cheese Sauce
1. Melt butter in a medium pot. Blend in flour, slowly add milk and heat, stirring until thickened.
2. Mix in salt, pepper and onion powder, and Dijon mustard.
3. Add Swiss cheese 1/4 cup at a time beating until smooth. Add additional milk if too thick.
Crispy Ham and Salami Mixture:
- 1. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook ham and salami until crispy.
- In a small bowl, mix crispy ham with uncooked salami.
1. Prepare hot dog to your liking. Place on bun.
2. Top with Swiss Cheese Sauce.
3. Top with Crispy Ham and diced Salami mixture.
4. Arrange 2-3 pickle slices per hot dog.