San Antonio Dog
San Antonio Dog: Fajita-Style with Peppers and Onions
Quickly cooked peppers and onions, cool guacamole and sour cream, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla—this Tex-Mex dog is one of our favorites.
Watch the videoSan Antonio Dog
Makes 8 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™ Brand
- 2 cups guacamole
- 8 fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and slightly softened, 5–8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Grill hot dogs to desired doneness.
- Spread some of the guacamole on each warmed tortilla and top with a hot dog.
- Using tongs, top each hot dog with some of the pepper and onion mixture, followed by a dollop of sour cream.