Minneapolis Dog: Cheddar-Filled Hot Dog with Grilled Onions and Mustard
Watch the videoMinneapolis Dog
Makes 8 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™ Brand
- 2 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 8 long pieces
- 1 package hot dog buns, toasted
- Grainy mustard
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden-brown and softened, 8–10 minutes. Set aside.
Cut a long slit lengthwise in each hot dog (do not cut all the way to the ends); tuck 1 piece of cheese snugly into each hot dog. Grill hot dogs, cheese-side up, until cheese is melted. Arrange hot dogs in toasted buns and top with the grilled onions and a drizzle of mustard.
In This Recipe
Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™ - 14ozView product | View recipes