Hot Dogs with Toasted Garlic Buns and Crunchy Giardiniera
Buttery, garlicky toasted buns and a crunchy pickled topping elevate this hot dog to new heights. Making your own giardiniera is easy, but feel free to use store-bought—just make sure to chop it into bite-sized pieces.
6 Hot Dogs | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
4 tablespoons Vital Farms Sea Salted Butter, softened 1–2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley 6 hot dog buns
6 Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™ hot dogs
½ cup chopped Overnight Giardiniera (see recipe below)
Chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces, which make them easier to eat when spooned over a hot dog or tucked into a sandwich.
Makes about 2 cups / Takes less than 30 minutes (plus resting overnight)
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½–1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ½ red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Combine the vegetables in a bowl and toss well to combine. Pack the vegetables into a pint jar.
- Mash together the softened butter, garlic and parsley in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture evenly on the insides of the hot dog buns. Set the buns on a baking sheet and broil until golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, grill the hot dogs according to package instructions. Place the grilled hot dogs inside the toasted buns and top with some of the chopped giardiniera. Serve at once.