Baking salami in the oven results in savory, crunchy crisps - a protein-rich alternative to traditional chips. Serve the tangy goat cheese dip on the side, or pipe it onto individual chips.
6-8 servings | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
● 10 oz. fresh soft goat cheese
● ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
● 5 tablespoons plain yogurt
● 6 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as a mix of chives, flat-leaf parsley, mint, thyme and rosemary
● Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
● 2 (4-ounce) packs APPLEGATE NATURALS® Genoa Salami
1. Combine goat cheese, oil and yogurt in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the fresh herbs.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and refrigerate until the dip is cold and the flavors have blended, 3 hours to overnight.
4. Heat oven to 375°. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
5. Place salami in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake 15–20 minutes, or until crispy. Transfer the salami chips to a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess fat.
6. Serve salami chips and dip together, or pipe or spoon some dip on top of each chip.