Bacon and Sweet Potato Collard Wrap
This veggie forward recipe uses a collard leaf to wrap these simple, yet flavorful ingredients- roasted sweet potatoes, pickled red onions, garlic aioli, and we had to sprinkle in some bacon… In our experience, bacon makes everything taste better.
Serves 1 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
For the wrap:
- 1 large collard leaf
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen® Garlic Aioli
- ½ cup diced Roasted Sweet Potatoes (recipe follows)
- 2–3 slices Applegate Naturals ® No Sugar Bacon or Applegate Naturals ® Turkey Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Red Onions
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Primal Palate® Super Gyro Seasoning
For the wrap:
- Cut out the thickest part of the main rib of the collard leaf and discard (this will make rolling the wrap easier). Blanch the leaf in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 seconds. Using tongs, remove the leaf and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Pat dry.
- Place the leaf on a work surface, overlapping the cut sections of the leaf to make 1 whole wrapper. Carefully spread the aioli over the center of the leaf. Top with the sweet potatoes, chopped bacon and pickled red onions.
- Fold the sides of the leaf in, over the filling, and then roll up snugly like a burrito. Cut in half, if you like, before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil and Super Gyro seasoning in a bowl and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer the seasoned sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.