Salami Salad Wrap
This robust recipe is very versatile—serve it as we suggest here, as the filling for a wrap, or serve it on its own as a salad, paired with grilled bread or pita. We sometimes make it as a jar salad, layering each ingredient in a pint jar, along with the dressing, and then shake it to mix just before our lunch break.
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces Applegate Naturals® Genoa Salami, Peppered Salami, or Herb Salami, from the Applegate Naturals® Genoa Salami Trio
- 4 ounces feta, chopped or crumbled
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (optional)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup favorite Italian salad dressing
- 4 (8-inch) sandwich wraps or flour tortillas
- Combine the lettuce, bell peppers, onion, salami, feta, chickpeas (if using) and olives in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange the 4 wraps on your work surface and divide the salad evenly among them. Roll each up tightly like a burrito.
- Serve at once, or refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until ready to eat. The wraps can be made up to 5 hours ahead.