Having a stash of these cheesy homemade pizza bites in the freezer means there’s always a wholesome after-school snack at the ready. Or serve them while you watch the big game. Really, these nostalgic little poppers will make the big guys, the little guys and everyone in between very happy.
Makes 24 to 36 bites | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the mozzarella, tomato sauce and chopped salami in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into about 8 balls. Working with 1 at a time, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a long rectangle, about 4 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. Drop small scoops of the filling (about 1 teaspoon) along the one side of the rectangle, leaving about 1 inch between each mound of filling.
- Fold the dough over to enclose the mounds of filling, pressing between the mounds. Using a sharp knife, cut between each mound. Using your fingers, pinch the edges of the dough to seal. Arrange the pizza bites on the lined baking sheet about 1½ inches apart. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Brush the top of each bite with some olive oil and top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.