New Potato Salad with Sugar Snap Peas and Bacon
Crisp sugar snap peas lighten up this springtime potato salad. If you make this salad in advance, be sure to add the sugar snaps just before serving; the vinegar in the dressing dulls their color over time.
As Featured in The Applegatarian.
Serves 6-8 | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- 1 (8-oz) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® No Sugar Bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds small new potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over moderate heat, stirring often, until crisp and golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add the shallot, mustard, olive oil, vinegar, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper to a jar. Seal and shake well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well salted water to a simmer then add the potatoes and cook until tender, 15-18 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the sugar snap peas to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain well and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Pat dry and set aside.
- Add the dressing from the jar to the warm potatoes and mix gently to combine. Let cool, then taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Just before serving add the sugar snaps and stir gently to combine. Scatter the bacon over top.