The French Dip Panini
After that cutting, heating and whisking, and as you savor this amazing creation, it won’t be hard to remember that the French Dip Panini is the best ever!
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 loaf focaccia
- Applegate Naturals® Roast Beef
- Applegate Naturals® Emmentaler Swiss Cheese
- Caramelized onions
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 jigger dry sherry, optional
- 2 cans beef consommé or beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- Split a loaf of Focaccia and layer with Applegate Natural Roast Beef, Applegate Swiss Cheese, and caramelized onions.
- (Here's a tip.) For even toasting and nice grill marks, flip the top of the bread over to provide a flat surface for grilling, or use a bread knife to remove a thin layer of crust from the top of the Focaccia as shown in the photo.
- Lightly brush the top of the filled Focaccia with olive oil and grill on a panini press until golden brown.
- If you don’t own a panini grill, place the filled ciabatta in a large heavy skillet and weigh the loaf down with a smaller skillet and a teapot filled halfway with water.
- Cook on medium heat until the bottom is nicely toasted and golden brown. Flip the focaccia over and repeat.
- Cut the panini into individual portions and serve with Au Jus for dipping.
- Melt butter in skillet over moderate heat.
- Add shallots and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook a minute longer.
- Whisk in sherry.
- Whisk in consommé in a slow stream.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and allow to simmer over low heat until ready to serve.