Sweet Potato Nacho Boats
Serve these wholesome boats either as an appetizer or a main course, and feel free to customize them as you like—hot sauce, pickled onions, olives and sour cream would all make welcome additions.
Serves 6 to 8 | Total Time: More Than 60 Mins
- 6 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Olive oil, for rubbing
- 1 (8-ounce) Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Applegate Naturals® Pepper Jack Cheese, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, for serving
- 1 to 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prick each sweet potato a few times with a fork and brush all over with olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Stir together the beans, cheese and bacon. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, carefully cut them in half lengthwise and arrange, cut side up, on the baking sheet. Using a spoon, scoop out some of the flesh and transfer to a bowl (reserve for another use).
- Divide the bean mixture evenly among the sweet potato boats. Return to the oven and bake until the filling is hot and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Top the boats with the salsa, avocado, radishes and cilantro and serve at once.