Organic Hash with Poached Eggs
Poached eggs and organic hash, a special occasion meal you can have any time you like!
You'll find that this hash is equally delicious with our Applegate Organics® Turkey Burgers.
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (or 1 pound) organic beef burgers (thawed) or 1 package Applegate Organics® Turkey Burgers
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, cored, seeded, and diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 poached eggs, hot
- Place the potatoes into a large skillet, cover them with cold salted water, and boil over medium-high heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain, transfer potatoes to a bowl, and set aside. Wipe the skillet dry.
- Heat the oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon, until it is no longer raw and it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and bell peppers and season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the hash, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
What you have here is hash that feels like it needs a fancier name than “hash.” Now, one last touch...
Carefully set the poached eggs on top of the hash just before serving ... and garnish with a sprig of fresh parsley, if you are a fan of great presentation.