Go wild! Buckwheat pancakes are for any meal of the day, and Sunday bacon … well, you don't have to wait until Sunday to enjoy it.
Serves 2 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ cups buttermilk (or 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 cup of milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 slices Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand
- Heat a heavy non-stick griddle or well seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Sift or whisk all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Beat the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together in another medium bowl, and then pour into the flour. Beat until mixed into a thin smooth batter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter, for each pancake, onto the hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the top.
- Flip and cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Serve with Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand.