Iced Chai Cider Punch
This Fall punch balances sweet-tart apple cider with the warming spices of Indian chai. Feel free to add extra spices, like fresh ginger, vanilla bean, cloves, star anise, grated nutmeg or whole black peppercorns. For a more intense flavor, add the garnishes to the pitcher to steep before serving.
Cocktails are mixed up by Applegate employee Jenny Burns
4 Servings | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 1 Masala Chai black tea bag
- 2 oz (¼ cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup or agave, or to taste
- 12 oz (1½ cups) apple cider
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) brandy, vodka or spiced rum, optional
- Garnish ideas: lemon or orange wheels, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods
- Steep tea bag (or an equivalent loose leaf blend) in 1 cup boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove bag, cool tea to room temperature then refrigerate, tightly covered. Use within 24 hours.
- Using a long spoon, mix lemon juice, honey and cold tea in pitcher. Add cider and alcohol (if using). Mixture can be served right away, but tastes even better chilled for at least 30 minutes (but no more than 2 days).
- To serve, pour over ice and garnish each glass with a lemon or orange wheel, cinnamon stick and a couple of cardamom pods.