Grilled Cheese Toasts with Bacon and Figs
We like to serve these open-faced toasts as a quick supper with a green salad and a glass of wine. But you could just as easily use smaller pieces of bread, chop the bacon and make these as bite-sized hors d’oeuvres.
4 Toasts | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 4 tablespoons fig preserves
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 large slices country bread
- 8 slices Applegate Organics® Muenster Cheese
- 8 slices cooked Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand
- 4 to 6 ripe figs, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Stir together the fig preserves and crushed red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Spread the preserves over the bread and arrange on a broiler pan. Lay 2 slices of cheese over each slice of bread. Place under the broiler and broil until the cheese is melted and golden in spots.
- Remove the toasts from the broiler and transfer to plates. Top each toast with 2 slices of bacon and several fig slices. Serve at once.