Fresh Cuban Sandwich
A Cuban sandwich is generally a minimal mix of roast pork, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard, served pressed and toasted. But adding fresh leafy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and crispy fried onions (yes, the kind that are used to top green bean casseroles!) takes the classic sandwich in a whole new and satisfying direction.
Makes 1 Sandwich | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 1 (8-inch) soft roll, cut open
- Yellow mustard
- 2–3 leaves leafy green lettuce
- 3 slices ripe tomato
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 3–4 slices Applegate Naturals Cuban Roast Pork
- Sliced dill pickles
- Crispy fried onions
- Place the bottom half of the roll on a plate or cutting board and spread mustard over it.
- Top with the lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, roast pork, dill pickles, and crispy fried onions.
- Spread mayonnaise over the top half of the bun and top the sandwich. Serve at once.