Quesadillas with Pepperoni and Salsa Verde
Pepperoni may seem an unorthodox filling for a quesadilla, but it really works, especially with the addition of tangy tomatillo salsa.
1 Quesadilla | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 2 large flour tortillas
- ½ cup Applegate® Cheese
- 12 pieces Applegate Naturals® Turkey Pepperoni or Pork and Beef Pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons tomatillo salsa
- Guacamole and hot sauce, for serving
- Lay 1 tortilla on a griddle or in a large heavy skillet. Scatter the cheese evenly over the tortilla, followed by the pepperoni. Drizzle the salsa over top. Lay the second tortilla over top.
- Cook the quesadilla over moderate heat, flipping halfway through, until the tortillas are golden brown and crisp and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the griddle, cut into wedges and serve at once with guacamole and hot sauce on the side.