It’s hard to resist a twist of buttery dough flecked with spicy pepperoni and golden Parmesan. Make to enjoy right away, or prep the dough and freeze, for an easy baked treat later on.
Makes 16 twists | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. If planning on baking the twists right away, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Open the tube of dough and separate it in half (the dough should separate naturally in the middle).
- Sprinkle about ¼ cup cheese on your work surface and unroll the dough so that it lays flat on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle on half of the chopped pepperoni on top of the dough, followed by another ¼ cup cheese.
- Fold the dough in half, then roll it out until the filled dough stretches to about 12 inches long. Cut the dough into 8 long strips.
- Twist each strip gently like a corkscrew and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining dough, cheese and pepperoni.
- If baking right away, brush the twists lightly with the egg. Bake the dough twists in the oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve right away.