Inside Out Egg Roll Skillet
Taking the ingredients and flavors that make up the filling of an egg roll and serving them on their own is a fast and easy way to get dinner on the table. We love to serve this mix tucked into fresh lettuce leaves, but it's equally delicious served over rice or noodles.
As featured in The Applegatarian, an outlet where employees and advocates of the nation’s leading natural and organic meat brand dish about their favorite recipes, tips, products, partners and more.
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 pound APPLEGATE NATURALS® Ground Pork
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, green and whites parts chopped separately
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne
- % cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Green leaf lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground pork, stirring occasionally and breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and the white parts of the scallions to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Fold in the cabbages and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted and crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and sriracha. Drizzle the mixture over the pork and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Scatter the scallion greens over the pork and serve at once with the lettuce leaves and extra sriracha sauce on the side.