Fresh Beet Slaw with Raisin Vinaigrette
Use a mix of different colored beets to make this crunchy slaw as vibrant as possible.
As Featured in The Applegatarian.
Serves 6-8 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds beets, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Combine the raisins, garlic, red pepper flakes and vinegar in a small bowl to soak while you prepare the vegetables.
- Grate the beets and carrots with a box grater or in the food processor. Toss with the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender to pulse the raisin mixture until the raisins are coarsely chopped. Add to the beet mixture along with the olive oil and toss gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the mint just before serving.