Easy Chicken Parm with Broccoli Rabe Recipe
Using APPLEGATE® frozen breaded chicken gives you all of the glory of chicken parm without the fuss and mess. Our mild provolone melts beautifully over the crisp tenders and garlicky broccoli rabe.
Makes 2 Sandwiches | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 1 (8-ounce) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® Homestyle Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes Kosher salt
- 2 sub rolls, split
- 1 cup tomato sauce, warmed
- 4 slices APPLEGATE ORGANICS® Provolone
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Arrange the chicken breast tenders on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp and heated through, flipping once, about 18 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, combine the olive oil, broccoli rabe, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly wilted, then add ½ cup water and ½ teaspoon salt to the pan and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the broccoli rabe is tender, about 8 minutes. Uncover the skillet and continue to cook until all the water has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Open the sub rolls and place on the baking sheet. Spoon about ¼ cup warm tomato sauce over the bottom half of each sub roll. Arrange half of the broccoli rabe over each roll (you may not use all of it), followed by half of the provolone. Lay the chicken breast tenders on top and lay the remaining provolone over the chicken. Spoon the remaining tomato sauce evenly over each. Drizzle a little olive oil over the empty half of the rolls.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and edges of the rolls are golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the basil over the sandwiches, then close, cut in half, and serve at once.
As featured in The Applegatarian, an outlet where employees and advocates of the nation’s leading natural and organic meat brand dish about their favorite recipes, tips, products, partners and more.