Breakfast Eggnog with Candied Bacon Swizzle Stick
These candied bacon twists are delicious in eggnog or a bloody mary or just for snacking alone.
About 8 swizzle sticks | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals Sunday Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack inside it.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a wide shallow bowl and mix well.
- Dredge 1 piece of bacon in the cinnamon sugar until well coated. Tightly twist the bacon around a chopstick or long wooden skewer and place on the rack. Continue with the remaining pieces of bacon and sugar mixture.
- Bake the bacon until glazed and almost crisp, 20–22 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate to cool (bacon will crisp as it cools). As soon as bacon is cool enough to handle, gently remove skewers.