Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
The grill does all the work in these colorful, flavorful, easy-as-can-be tacos. The sweetness of pineapple pairs beautifully with APPLEGATE® gently spicy sausages.
4 Servings | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 1 package APPLEGATE ORGANICS® Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage
- 4 thick slices fresh pineapple
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- ½–1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce, lime wedges and chopped cilantro, for serving
- Grill the sausages according to package instructions. When heated through, slice the sausages into rounds.
- At the same time, grill the pineapple slices and tortillas until charred in spots. Wrap the tortillas in foil to keep warm. Chop the grilled pineapple into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Add the chopped onion, jalapeño and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, lay 2 tortillas on each plate. Top each tortilla with some of the sausage slices and pineapple salsa. Serve at once, letting everyone add their own hot sauce, lime and cilantro.