Farmhouse Chicken Casserole
Whether you're the kind of person who says “stuffing” or the kind who says “filling” … all can come together over this amazing chicken casserole!
Serves 8 | Total Time: More Than 60 Mins
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- ¾ lb. (~2 Packages) Applegate Naturals® Slow Cooked Ham
- ¾ lb. (~2 Packages) Applegate Naturals® Emmentaler Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 cups bread cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ cup butter
- Melt butter in pan, blend in the flour.
- Add milk, cream and broth.
- Cook and stir until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
To make filling:
- Sauté onion and celery in the butter.
- Mix remaining filling ingredients with butter mixture.
- In a glass 9x13 baking dish, place half of the sauce mixture, then layer chicken, ham, cheese, and filling.
- Put remaining sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.