Roasted Broccoli with Bacon and Breadcrumbs
Family favorite broccoli gets a refresher with smoky bacon and crisp, cheesy breadcrumbs, and it all comes together on a single sheet pan. We love to serve this with a lentil salad and some crisp greens.
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
- 4 ounces Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ pounds broccoli, cut into long florets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a large sheet pan. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat with some of the rendered bacon fat.
- Return to the oven and roast until broccoli is crisp-tender and browned in spots, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheesy bread crumbs over the broccoli and continue to roast until the crumbs are golden and toasted, 5–8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Serve at once.