Natural Watercress Salad with Citrus Fruit
Winter is the season for grapefruit and oranges. (Really. You could look it up.)
The bright flavors of this salad are perfect for a chilly day - you can taste sunshine in every bite. Serve it with good crusty bread and some cheese for lunch or a light supper.
Serves 4 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice, use grapefruit trimmings
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches fresh watercress, washed and dried
- 1 Belgian endive, trimmed and sliced
- 8 slices Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand (cooked, drained, and crumbled)
- Arrange the grapefruit and oranges on a platter or individual plates.
- Mix the olive oil and grapefruit juice together in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the watercress, endive, and bacon and toss together to coat with the dressing.
- Pile the dressed salad on top of the grapefruit and oranges and scatter the pecans on top of the salad.
Piling and scattering are great ways to end the preparation portion of your meal and beginning the eating portion!