We choose wild salmon over farm-raised. Farmed fish are fed mainly on soy-based pellets and tend to have a milder flavor. It's a no-brainer for this salmon recipe.
- Cook the bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, turning the slices occasionally, until brown and crisp.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- Pour off most of the bacon grease and set the skillet aside.
- Rub the salmon pieces with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and a little pepper on all sides.
- Using the same skillet brown the salmon on both sides over medium heat.
- Add the scallions scattering them around the salmon.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to a platter or plates then spoon the scallions on top of each piece.
- Add a splash of wine or water to the skillet and cook stirring with a wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits, for about a minute.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon.
- Garnish the salmon with the bacon.
Salmon with bacon. You never would have put them together, would you? Well, that's what we're here for.
Print This Recipe