Bright, colorful, cool and crisp, this salad makes a festive starter to a hearty meal. Serves 6.
For the vinaigrette:
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
For the salad:
• 3 oranges
• 1 large fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
• ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 (4-ounce) package Applegate Prosciutto
• ½ cup fresh pomegranate seedsPrintable Shopping List
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk in the olive oil until well combined. Just before serving, whisk in the chopped mint.
- To make the salad, cut the peel and pith from the oranges with a sharp paring knife. Cut the peeled oranges into rounds, and set aside on a plate. If any juice has collected on the cutting board, pour it into the bowl of vinaigrette.
- Scatter the fennel, red onion and oranges on a large serving platter.
- Tear each piece of prosciutto in half and drape here and there over the salad.
- Give the vinaigrette a final whisk, then drizzle over the salad. Scatter the pomegranate seeds over everything and serve at once.
Print This Recipe