Watermelon and Radish Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
We love the peppery bite of arugula against the sweet juiciness of watermelon. If you can’t find pretty watermelon radishes (so named for their familiar rings of green, white and pink) just substitute a handful of regular red radishes. A sprinkle of feta would also make a nice addition.
This refreshing salad pairs well with grilled chicken, pork chops or sausages, especially Applegate Organics®
Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage or Applegate Organics®
Spinach & Feta Sausage.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups arugula
- A 3-pound piece watermelon, cut into chunks or balls
- 1 medium watermelon radish, very thinly sliced
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Just before serving, whisk in the mint. Divide the arugula among serving plates or arrange on a shallow platter.
- Divide the watermelon and radish among the plates (or scatter over the one large platter).
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve at once.