Ultimate Ham Sandwich
This easy little sandwich is a spin on two French picnic classics: ham with butter and radishes with butter. Obviously butter is key here, so use the best you can find. To achieve the very thin slices of fennel and radish, use a mandoline or adjustable blade slicer (or a very sharp knife).
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 6-inch length of baguette, split horizontally
- 4 slices Applegate Naturals®
Slow Cooked Ham
- ¼ small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 radish, very thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh parsley leaves
- Spread the butter over the insides of the baguette.
- Top the bottom piece of bread with the ham, followed by the fennel, radish and parsley leaves.
- Top with the remaining piece of baguette. Sandwich can be made up to 4 hours in advance, and kept, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator.