Twisted Bacon Balanced Breakfast Bento
"Balanced bento boxes are a convenient breakfast solution that can help set you up for a nutritious start to the day. These are balanced with fruit, vegetables, energizing carbohydrates and satisfying protein.
The star ingredient? Twisted bacon made with
APPLEGATE NATURALS® No Sugar Bacon
. Free of artificial ingredients, preservatives and
added chemical nitrites or nitrates
products are ones you can feel good about incorporating when you need your bacon fix (and who doesn't?). These boxes can be made on Sunday and enjoyed throughout the week."
Nutrition By Mia @nutritionbymia
As featured in The Applegatarian.
- 2 cups chopped baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/s tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices APPLEGATE NATURALS®No Sugar Bacon
- 4 eggs
- Everything bagel seasoning to taste
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Make room on the pan for the bacon.
- Cut the APPLEGATE NATURALS®No Sugar Bacon strips in half. Twist each piece and place on the sheet pan. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the bacon halfway through cooking.
- While the potatoes and bacon are cooking, make the eggs. Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with at least an inch of water. Bring the water to a boil, turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Strain and run the eggs under cold water. Peel the eggs, cut in half and top with everything bagel seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries and strawberries.
- Divide the potatoes, bacon, eggs and berries among the four bento boxes. Enjoy one box for breakfast over four days.
*Except Those Naturally Occurring in Sea Salt and Cultured Celery Powder.