Sweet Italian Sausage Frittata Recipe
If you're looking for a fantastic breakfast recipe, you can't go wrong with this organic frittata. Try it, perfect it, and make it your signature specialty!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 crosswise sliced Applegate Organics®
Sweet Italian Sausage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- A large pinch of fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat the oil in a heavy 10-inch oven-proof, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Layer the onions, potatoes and sausages, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- While that is going on, beat the eggs together with the milk and thyme in a small bowl.
- Once the potatoes feel tender when pierced with a knife, it's time to pour the eggs into the skillet and cook until the eggs are set on the bottom (they will still be runny on the top), about 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes.