Steamed Buns with Pork Meatballs and Pickled Cucumbers
These sweet and savory bites make a great appetizer or light meal. Look for steamed bao buns in Asian supermarkets or large grocery stores; they should be labeled “double buns” for the way they fold over. They’re great to have stashed in the freezer.
Serves 6 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- Half of an English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8-ounce) package WELL CARVED™ Organic Asian Style Meatballs
- 12 frozen double bao buns
- Plum sauce, for brushing
- Combine the cucumber, scallions, vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes in a bowl and toss gently. Set aside.
- Cook meatballs according to package instructions. At the same time, reheat the bao buns according to package instructions (either by steaming or microwaving them).
- To assemble, brush the insides of the bao buns with some plum sauce and fill with a meatball (they may fit better if you cut them in half) and a few slices of pickled cucumber. Serve at once.