Roasted Red Pepper Sausage with Kimchi and Jalapeños
This incredibly flavorful mix of kimchi and jalapeños is a perfect mix of salty and spicy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Applegate Organics® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup of your favorite beer (for best flavor, avoid hoppy and/or malty beer)
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped if needed
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
- Add oil to a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the beer and simmer until reduced by two-thirds.
- Stir in the kimchi and sliced jalapeños and cook until warmed through.
- Serve over rice, garnished with chopped scallions. Serve the lime wedges on the side.