Queso Fundido with Jalapeño Sausage
Ooey, gooey, spicy, cheesy...no wonder queso fundido is such a popular appetizer!
- 1 small ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces coarsely grated or chopped mild yellow cheddar
- 8 ounces coarsely grated or chopped Applegate Organics®
Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Applegate Naturals®
Jalapeño & Cheddar Sausages
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup beer
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Stir together the tomato, scallions, jalapeño and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss together the cheeses and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a bowl.
- Add the onions to the saucepan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and cook, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, about 1 minute.
- Start adding the cheeses, a handful at a time, stirring until melted. Continue adding the cheese in this manner, stirring constantly, until all the mixture is melted and smooth. Stir the sausage into the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the queso fundido to a warm serving bowl. Spoon the salsa over the queso, using a slotted spoon to drain the excess liquid. Serve at once with tortilla chips.