One-Pot Chicken Sausage Pasta
I love fast and uncomplicated weeknight dinners and this one pot chicken sausage pasta is one of my favorites. I love how easy this dish is to make, and it is packed with loads of flavor. This also happens to be a 30 minute meal which is handy when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) APPLEGATE NATURALS® Chicken & Sage Breakfast Sausage Patties - Family Size Bag, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 15 ounces cherry tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces dried penne pasta
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, chopped Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil. Add the sausage, onion, red pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onion and peppers are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and 2 tablespoons of water. Add the chopped kale, tomatoes, dried oregano, and basil.
- Cook the penne pasta. Add the penne to the skillet and stir until combined. Add the fresh mozzarella, then stir until the cheese is melted. Top with the fresh basil. Serve warm.
Julia Abramyan is the person behind Sweettooth Foodtography, and a Los Angeles-based food photographer. Photography started as a creative outlet but quickly became a passion for her. Julie is an avid cook, baker, and food lover; food is her muse. She loves to create captivating, vibrant, and beautiful food images that are a feast for the eyes and help businesses streamline their marketing needs. She loves nothing more than partnering with businesses and brands to collaborate on a diverse range of projects, including content creation, recipe development, food and product photography, menus, and cookbooks.