Natural Prosciutto Salad with Dandelion Greens
We put quite a bit of thought into all of our recipes to get just the right combinations of tastes. As a result we find out things like this …
Dandelion greens taste earthy and pleasantly bitter and are the perfect foil for Applegate Natural Prosciutto.
- 4 large handfuls of young dandelion greens
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package Applegate Naturals®
- Half bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- Wash the dandelion leaves in a large bowl or a sink-full of cold water, lifting the leaves out of the water leaving any dirt to settle on the bottom of the bowl or sink.
- Shake off any water from the leaves or use a salad spinner, wrap the leaves in paper towels then store in plastic bags in the refrigerator.
- Dandelion greens can be prepped several days ahead of use.
- Mix together the shallots, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl.
- Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for about 30 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Arrange the dandelion leaves in individual plates or a platter, spoon the dressing over the leaves then drape the prosciutto on top.
Scatter the chives over the salad, and you are in for a very rare treat.