Make-Ahead Chicken Burritos
The beauty of these burritos is that you can make a batch ahead of time, freeze them and pull one out whenever you need it. If you plan to microwave them, wrap them in parchment or wax paper; if you like to reheat them in the oven, use foil.
- Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Lay 2 slices of cheese in the center of each tortilla.
- Divide the rice, beans, chicken and cilantro, if using, evenly among the tortillas.
- Fold in the sides then roll up to seal.
If serving the burritos right away:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange the burritos seam-side down and cook until bottom is golden.
- Flip and cook until golden.
- Alternatively, wrap the burritos in aluminum foil and heat in a 350°F oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
To freeze the burritos:
- Wrap tightly in foil or wax paper and place in a resealable plastic bag. Freeze.
- Reheat frozen burritos in the oven or microwave until hot.