Kimchi and Bacon Fried Rice with Meatballs
Packed with APPLEGATE® WELL CARVED™ Pork Meatballs, SUNDAY BACON® and RightRice, this flavorful dinner takes just minutes to pull together.
3-4 Servings | Total Time: Less Than 30 Mins
1 BOU Ginger Miso Bouillon Cube
1⅓ cups water
1 (7-oz) package Cilantro Lime RightRice
1 (8-oz) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® SUNDAY BACON®
1 (10-oz) package APPLEGATE® WELL CARVED™ Pork Meatballs 1 (9-oz) bag broccoli slaw
1 cup kimchi, chopped 2 scallions, thinly sliced Hot sauce, for serving
- Combine the bouillon cube and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the RightRice, cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 3 Tbsp bacon fat from the skillet. When cool, chop the bacon.
- Heat the bacon fat in the skillet over moderate heat. Add the pork meatballs and cook until browned and warmed through, 9–11 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the broccoli slaw to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Add the kimchi and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked RightRice and chopped bacon and toss gently to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Serve the fried rice topped with the meatballs and scallions and with the hot sauce on the side.