Cranberry-Glazed Turkey Meatballs
APPLEGATE® WELL CARVED™ meatballs are delicious morsels that heat up in a flash. Simmering them in cranberry sauce adds a bright, tangy glaze. If you don’t feel like making your own fresh sauce, simply open a can of cranberry sauce and add a splash of orange juice.
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- 2 (10-ounce) packages Well Carved™ Mediterranean Style Meatballs
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In wide saucepan over medium heat combine cranberries, orange juice and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 10 – 15 minutes or until berries have all popped. (If you like, use an immersion blender to blend cranberries to a smooth sauce.) Stir in the hot sauce and season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the sauce and simmer gently until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve at once.