- In a medium sauce pan, sauté onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil until golden.
- Add basil, rice, salt and pepper and sauté until the rice starts to get translucent (about 2 minutes).
- Add half the stock and simmer while stirring until all the liquid is incorporated into the rice mixture.
- Repeat this step with the remaining stock, pull off the heat and add the parmesan cheese stirring as you go until it is evenly mixed.
- Set aside.
- In a medium pan sauté garlic in the oil until golden.
- Add spinach until wilted (approx 30 seconds).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
Assembly:Spread the rice into a heat proof casserole dish large enough to fit 8 chicken patties.
- Add stock and distribute evenly among the rice mixture.
- Spread out patties evenly over the rice mixture.
- Ladle one heaping tablespoon of sauce over each patty.
- Distribute the spinach on top of the 8 patties.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cut about 4 slices of provolone cheese in thin strips and crisscross over chicken for the last two minutes of baking.
Now … gather up 8 friends (or 4 big eaters) and celebrate the magic of a delicious chicken casserole!