Bacon Studded Meatballs
Speared with a toothpick, these meatballs make a terrific appetizer. But they’re equally delicious served on top of spaghetti or folded into a warm pita along with tomatoes, cucumbers and creamy yogurt sauce.
- 1 package Applegate Naturals®
Thick Cut Bacon
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the bacon on a sheet pan and bake until crisp, 20–25 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, cooked bacon, Parmesan, egg, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, onion powder and black pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Form mixture into 1½-inch balls (you should have about 24). Arrange meatballs on a sheet pan and bake until thoroughly browned, about 15 minutes.