Under the direction of the Creative Director, responsible for developing and managing numerous packaging projects from concept to completion.
1. Ensure Applegate’s visual communication remains consistent and on-brand.
2. Responsible for top-notch quality of work and consistency of design in digital and print formats, within budget.
3. Oversee and design product packaging, sell-in material, point of sale and ads as needed.
4. Responsible for graphic design/packaging, traffic, scheduling and prioritizing, digital and print production.
5. Manage the submission of packaging layouts for USDA approval, via QA
6. Be the liaison between Marketing and Legal, trademark and registration management.
7. Develop and maintain strong internal/external working relationships that foster mutual respect, teamwork and results.
8. Manage relationships with photographers, copywriters, proof readers, printers and pre-press vendors.
9. Ensure projects are kept on schedule within deadlines. Maintain Creative Request process on The Barn
10. Oversee the maintanence of content packaging database and archive.
11. Work cross-functionally to ensure completion of projects based on multiple departments timelines.
12. Ensure color consistency across category and vednors by attending press checks as needed.
13. Work with Applegate employees on design needs. Set project timelines and follow through on various design needs.
14. Keep abreast of current trends in design, style and technology.
15. Keeping abreast of competitor best practices
• Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design (or related field).
• 6+ years experience as a Graphic Designer in a consumer packaging environment.
• Ability to manage and create multiple creative projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Proficient on MAC platform, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must exhibit a passion for the organic and natural industry
• Constant computer work and attention to detail
• Constant design and layout work