Recipes - The Tumbleweed Burger
Simple comfort food doesn't have to be boring, does it?
- 1 Package organic beef burgers or Applegate Organic Turkey Burgers
- Fried sweet onion rings, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons smoky barbeque sauce
Fried Sweet Onion Rings
- 2 large sweet onions (Vidalias or Texas Sweets)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
DirectionsFried Sweet Onion Rings:
- Peel onions and slice crosswise into medium-thick rounds.
- Separate all the rounds into individual rings.
- Put 2 cups all-purpose flour into a large bowl and season with one tablespoon salt and one tablespoon cayenne.
- Dredge the onion rings in the seasoned flour and set aside.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the skillet, fry the onion rings in a large deep skillet of hot vegetable oil over medium-high heat, turning them as they brown, until golden and crisp, 3- 5 minutes per batch.
- Drain the onion rings on paper towels and season to your taste with salt while still warm.
- Grill burgers according to directions on package.
- Place burgers on buns and top each with a tablespoon of barbeque sauce.
- Mound each burger with fried sweet onion rings and serve.
- Thaw burgers and divide each one into 3 or 4 equal parts. Shape into mini patties and grill. Proceed with above directions using slider buns.
Print This Recipe