Make this soup as part of a holiday menu or re-purpose use leftover sweet potatoes for a lighter meal the next day.
Makes 2 quarts
- 4 slices Applegate Natural Good Morning Bacon, roughly chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 medium baked sweet potatoes, skin removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 quart chicken or turkey stock
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Cook bacon in a large soup pot until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Add onions to pot, season with salt and pepper, and sauté over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and stock and stir to combine; bring to a simmer.
- Once bubbling, stir in cream and puree soup using an immersion blender.
- Serve topped with reserved bacon and chopped chives.
This recipe was created by Dana White MS RD ATC
Nutrition Info (per 1 cup serving); Calories: 119; Total Fat: 4 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Total Carbohydrate: 17 grams; Sugars: 6 grams; Protein: 4 grams; Sodium: 305 milligrams; Cholesterol: 28 milligrams; Fiber: 3 grams
Print This Recipe