This was the DC Capital Food Fight 2010 Winning Recipe!
The only thing missing from this organic sausage dish is a warm Mediterranean breeze on your face! (Unless, of course, you are making it in the midst of a Mediterranean breeze.)
- 1/2 medium red onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - sliced
- 1 Package, thinly sliced Applegate Organic Spinach & Feta Sausage
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
Printable Shopping List
- Pour olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add sausage and cook for two minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce.
- In a separate pot, boil pasta according to directions on package.
- Drain pasta and add to pan.
- Add spinach, olives and feta cheese.
- Toss in pan until pasta is well coated.
Drizzle with olive oil and serve an award-winning recipe to your friends (award-winning or otherwise).
Print This Recipe