Love food, but hate waste? (Don't we all?) Rejoice as a family around the table with this Italian leftover legend. Okay, rejoice may be a little strong, but … no … now that we think about it, go ahead and rejoice!
Serves 6 - 8
- Leftover Applegate Organic Sausages
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teasp oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 10-12 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded or thinly sliced
Printable Shopping List
In a frying pan...
- Add garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, and tomato paste.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, adding a little splash of water if too thick.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of noodles in bottom of a baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese then spoon 1/2 of ricotta mixture over mozzarella.
- Spoon half the meat sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes in a 375° oven.
- Allow lasagna to set a few minutes before serving.
How confident are we that you'll love this sausage lasagna? We put “scrumptious” right in the title, didn't we?
Print This Recipe