When you think of bread pudding (and who doesn't?), you think of dessert right? But we’re here to show you a savory option to this sweet classic.
It’s a great (and budget-friendly) way to use up stale bread and leftovers in your fridge!
Our bread pudding is comfort food made easy – and talk about a great reason to get out of bed in the morning – it's a great, healthy breakfast dish!
- 6 cups stale bread cut into 1'' cubes
- ½ Red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Poblano pepper, diced
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 packages Applegate Natural Peppered Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 1 packages Applegate Natural Extra Sharp Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Printable Shopping List
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Gently sauté the diced onion, red pepper and poblano pepper in olive oil until soft and remove from heat to cool down.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together until they form a smooth mixture.
- Add the stale bread cubes and mix thoroughly to allow the cubes to soak up as much of the egg and milk mixture as possible.
- When the bread cubes are fully soaked, mix in the onion and peppers, the cut-up sausages and mix all together.
- Spread into pan. Top with slices of the Applegate Aged Cheddar.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350°.
- When done, let it rest for at least 15 minutes to set.
Enjoy the breakfast that starts off your day in the very best way!
Print This Recipe