Prosciutto Frittata with Herbs
Frittatas are great because they can be served for any meal and are delicious whether served warm or at room temperature. This Whole30-compliant version gets its bright savor from plenty of herbs and Applegate Naturals®
Prosciutto. Tearing the prosciutto into large pieces is both easier than chopping it and gives a very pretty result.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package Applegate Naturals®
Prosciutto, torn into large pieces
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup mixed chopped herbs, such as parsley, dill, basil and/or cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in an 8- or 9-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling it so it coats the entire inside surface of the skillet. Add the prosciutto and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, the herbs and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, making sure the prosciutto and scallions are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the frittata until puffed and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.