Recipes - Organic Andouille Stew with Potato & Pepper
This is an adaptation of a classic Spanish dish. And it couldn’t be simpler! The andouille sausage adds a smoky peppery flavor to the earthy potatoes.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, trimmed, seeded and sliced
- 2-4 thin skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3-4 Applegate Organic Andouille Sausages
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Printable Shopping List
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, and peppers and cook, stirring often, until soft about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, andouille and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat, partially cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender and the broth has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Add more water if you want to.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and dig in!
Print This Recipe